The IRC is pleased to announce that we recently acquired access to The Chronicle of Higher Education in online format. Members of the PSL community (faculty, students, and staff) now have full access to this database, both on campus and off campus (using your library barcode).
According to their website1, "the Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators." Also, The Chronicle features numerous articles of interest to those involved in higher education in general.
The Chronicle online is published every weekday. The Chronicle's website features:
- the complete contents of the latest issue
- daily news and advice columns
- thousands of current job listings
- a searchable archive of previously published content
- vibrant discussion forums
- career-building tools such as online CV management, salary databases
- commentary and essays from the weekly magazine, The Chronicle Review2
- facts and figures from the annual Almanac3
- free email newsletters, including Academe Today4, and much more!
The IRC also subscribes to the weekly print edition5 (image above), which can be found in the Newspapers area to your immediate left as you enter the library from the elevators, and across from the Circulation Desk. View map here.
To access this database, visit our library databases page6. You can also find this database in the drop down list on our library homepage7. Once again, if you are on campus you will automatically get access. If you are off campus, you will need to enter your name and library barcode.
As always if you have any suggestions for the library's electronic collection please email Sarah Prosory.
5Search our catalog for the print version: http://catalog.fcsl.edu/search~S2/