13. February 2013 18:36
Having trouble locating articles for your research project? Not sure how to focus your search? Wondering about library hours and services?
You can get help in real time no matter where you are--at home, coffee shop or study room with your backpack, laptop and notes scattered around you.
To access chat: Go to the "Ask a Librarian" on the Library’s website and type in your question in the Chat box. A research librarian will help you.
Monday- Thursday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
View the Chat Research Policy and FAQ.
7. January 2013 14:28
Are you enrolled in a seminar course during intersession? Need some help with research strategy and navigating the myriad resources available to you? Don’t feel like traveling to the Law Library?
Well look no further – the PSL Law Library is introducing “Roving” Research Assistance in the student lounge on the 20th floor this week and next. A Librarian outfitted with an iPad, loaded with legal research apps, will be available to answer any questions you may have about conducting research for your topic.
Research assistance in the student lounge will be available from 12-1pm and from 4-5pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, 1/8 & 1/9 and again on 1/15 & 1/16. Please feel free to stop by and chat with us!
Speaking of iPads, did you know that the Law Library owns several iPads that you can check out? That’s right! Just visit the Circulation desk during regular hours and we’ll get you all set up!
19. November 2012 09:00
Submit your idea for an inventive, original, or creative service or resource that the library can implement or add. Ideas should be:
- something totally new and different from traditional library services or functions, or
- an idea involving new technology, or
- a new use of existing technology, or
- a new service or way of teaching or training students to improve research or legal practice technology skills
**Please try to tie your idea to 1 of the 3 mission pillars (see below)**
Use your creativity, think outside of the box, and help us help you have the best, most innovative or creative library!
Enter to win by filling out the form at:
What do you win? You choose:
- use of your own, personal study office in the library for at least one month, or
- a $50 Visa gift card, or
- a study aid of your choice up to $50
How do you win?
- Entries will be judged by a committee of five people who are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- The winner will be notified via email.
- Multiple ideas may be implemented, but only 1 (one) prize will be awarded.
- If there is more than one entry for the winning idea the first person who submitted the idea will be awarded the prize.
PSL Mission Pillars
***Contest open to all PSL students, faculty, and staff!***
1. October 2012 12:36
Students, don't forget that the 13th floor is open 24/7.