26. April 2013 10:52
Congratulations to Eric Mollenhauer!
Winner of the library’s contest idea for entering an inventive, original, or
creative service or resource that the library can implement or add. Four of his
entries were selected by the judges:
a) Interactive learning games
b) Review room on topics
c) Unique learning space
d) Youtube tutorials
Thank, Eric for submitting your ideas! We will be working to implement them
over the next year.
19. November 2012 09:00
Submit your idea for an inventive, original, or creative service or resource that the library can implement or add. Ideas should be:
- something totally new and different from traditional library services or functions, or
- an idea involving new technology, or
- a new use of existing technology, or
- a new service or way of teaching or training students to improve research or legal practice technology skills
**Please try to tie your idea to 1 of the 3 mission pillars (see below)**
Use your creativity, think outside of the box, and help us help you have the best, most innovative or creative library!
Enter to win by filling out the form at:
What do you win? You choose:
- use of your own, personal study office in the library for at least one month, or
- a $50 Visa gift card, or
- a study aid of your choice up to $50
How do you win?
- Entries will be judged by a committee of five people who are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- The winner will be notified via email.
- Multiple ideas may be implemented, but only 1 (one) prize will be awarded.
- If there is more than one entry for the winning idea the first person who submitted the idea will be awarded the prize.
PSL Mission Pillars
***Contest open to all PSL students, faculty, and staff!***
1. October 2011 14:26
Win a $100.00 visa giftcard
have the Law Library implement one of your ideas
at our brand new two-story Library
at One North Central!!
Submit your suggestions for
you would like the Law Library to
put in place.
An example is a quiet relaxation room where students can take naps while listening to soothing sounds.
The selection committee will review all submissions made on our Footnotes blog and pick 1 (one) winner
by October 31st, 2011. Other ideas may be implemented but only 1 (one) prize will be awarded.
Submit your entries by commenting on this post.
2. May 2011 12:35
Congratulations to Paul Omerza for winning the final Library Loot puzzle of the semester! Paul won a giftcard to McDonald's and a candy bar for solving the longest scavenger hunt to date!
Thanks for playing Paul! And thank you to all of our winners! Here's a recap:
Library Loot Winner April 12 & 19
Library Loot Winner April 5th
Library Loot Winners March 22nd & 29th
Library Loot March 15th Winner
Library Loot March 1st Winner
Library Loot February 22nd Winner
Library Loot February 15th Winner
Library Loot February 8th Winner
Library Loot February 1st Winner
Be sure to watch for more Library Loot puzzles in the Fall 2011 semester, as Library Loot is taking a summer hiatus... Good luck on your finals and enjoy your summer!
26. April 2011 08:36
Hello everyone! Are you ready for the final Library Loot of the Spring 2011 semester? We're ending how we began, with a scavenger hunt! This time it will be a bit tricky! There are 3 Golden Tickets you must find.
Instructions: For this scavenger hunt, you need to locate the first Golden Ticket that is within or near the answer from the clue given below. The first Golden Ticket will have the clue to the second Golden Ticket, and the second Golden Ticket will have the clue to the final Golden Ticket. You will need to include the library location and call number on ALL 3 of the Golden Tickets before taking the them to the Circulation Desk to claim your prize.
Here you go...the first clue:
Where in the library can you find the book, The American Bench: Judges of the Nation? Please list call number, location, and most current edition on the Golden Ticket.
This puzzle has been solved!
THE FINE PRINT: Library Loot Puzzle Rules
1. Puzzles may be completed by current Phoenix School of Law students only.
2. All library staff members are exempt from participating.
3. One prize will be given to the first person to complete the puzzle with the correct answer. Even if more than one person worked towards getting the correct answer, only one prize will be given for the puzzle completed correctly.
4. Contest rules are subject to change at any time.
Good luck, and thanks to all who played Library Loot this semester!