6. March 2013 11:29
Have you used the online study aids on Westlaw, provided by your Law Library? From the comfort of your own laptop, access ALL of the study aids published by Thomson Reuters/West. Here's how:
- Log-in at lawschool.westlaw.com
- At the top of the screen, click on My e-Products.
- Below the top menu bar, click on West Study Aids Subscription.
- Search for a study aid using the search box provided, or browse by subject to see all study aids available within that subject area.
Some helpful tips:
- Feel free to highlight pages, as the highlights will remain after you log off.
- Copy and pasting is allowed, if you need stuff for your personal notes.
- There is a limit to printing the study aids. Only 150 pages per 30 days.
- Printing is only to your attached printer- it does not print to the Westlaw printers.
Any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Best of luck on your midterms!!
15. January 2013 10:54
Law school is all about studying. Reading and studying.
This article from Time magazine caught my eye, as it discusses the best learning techniques for retaining information. Surprisingly, reading and highlighting are mentioned as not being as effective as using flashcards! The article goes on to explain how taking practice tests and using flashcards are great because, "[r]esearch shows that the mere act of calling information to mind strengthens that knowledge and aids in future retrieval."
Image from Morguefile.com
7. January 2013 12:45
The Law Library would like to highlight a fantastic program for the incoming Spring 2013 1Ls...
Spring Boot Camp! See the brochure below and visit www.phoenixlaw.edu/lawbootcamp, for more information!
3. January 2013 08:43
Are you writing a paper to satisfy your AWR requirement? Need a little extra help finding a topic and/or locating supporting materials?
Attend the Major Papers Workshop next Tuesday, January 8th 2013 from 3:50 – 4:30PM in classroom 1815 and learn how Lexis can help you locate a topic and find supporting secondary materials, new sources, statutes, and bills.
Pizza will be served! RSVP here to reserve your spot.
(image from morguefile.com)
14. December 2012 08:36
Stop by the Law Library for a picture with the law book holiday tree!
It's a holiday stack! We've trimmed up a "tree" for the holidays! :)
The Phoenix Law Library Staff wishes you a safe and blissful holiday break! Get some much needed rest & relaxation! Best of luck for those who have finals today and tomorrow, you're almost done!! Congratulations to those who are graduating!
Love Your Law Library,
Alison, Christy, Gretchen, Kristin, Lidia, Lynn, Michelle, Sarah, Tara, Tim, & Yvette!