20. June 2013 10:09
The Library would like to announce the publication of the Arizona Legal Research Guide. This newest guide is a compilation of numerous helpful resources for different types of research on Arizona's laws, cases, regulations, and practice. The guide includes free resources proven to be very useful in real practice when costly subscription databases are no longer readily available.
There is also historical information and links to other compilations of resources expanding the materials available to you. Take a look for yourself. You can access the guide here: http://researchguides.phoenixlaw.edu/ArizonaLegalResearch
Alison Ewing's expertise in Arizona legal research was crucial to the composition of this guide.
6. March 2013 11:29
Have you used the online study aids on Westlaw, provided by your Law Library? From the comfort of your own laptop, access ALL of the study aids published by Thomson Reuters/West. Here's how:
- Log-in at lawschool.westlaw.com
- At the top of the screen, click on My e-Products.
- Below the top menu bar, click on West Study Aids Subscription.
- Search for a study aid using the search box provided, or browse by subject to see all study aids available within that subject area.
Some helpful tips:
- Feel free to highlight pages, as the highlights will remain after you log off.
- Copy and pasting is allowed, if you need stuff for your personal notes.
- There is a limit to printing the study aids. Only 150 pages per 30 days.
- Printing is only to your attached printer- it does not print to the Westlaw printers.
Any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Best of luck on your midterms!!
22. June 2012 10:34
After working so hard students deserve to sit back, relax and enjoy a book unrelated to law. Well, mostly unrelated to law. Check out the Library's summer book displays!
Fun in the Sun:
and, okay, perhaps there should be some learning during the summer.
Behold, the History Book Display:
2. December 2011 16:47
Learn How our School’s BNA Resources Can Help You
• Find Paper Topics.
• Find Topics for Law Review or Journals.
• Monitor legal trends and topics.
• Prepare for class discussion.
• Research the status and impact of specific cases and legislation.
• Prepare for interviews.
Stop by the BNA table to learn about BNA resources currently available to our school. Sign up for an email update from one of our BNA’s current reports to receive a free water bottle and get a chance to win an iPad™!
Monday December 5th 10am-1pm 4041 Building D
Tuesday December 6th 10am-1pm ONC 18th Floor
7. July 2011 09:00
Want to gain a competitive edge with how to use WestlawNext efficiently?
Thomson Reuters is offering a service, WestlawNext Tip of the Week. Subcribe to get a weekly research tip. The description from Thomson Reuters (West):
"Subscribe today and begin each week with a quick, practical research tip on using the world’s most advanced legal research system. When you sign up, you’ll receive a weekly research tip that addresses a common question, shows you how to use a specific feature, or informs you about new content and enhancements. With each tip, you’ll get valuable knowledge that will help you maximize your efficiency and gain a competitive edge in delivering better answers, faster.
These complimentary tips are delivered directly to your email inbox. Anyone is eligible to sign up – simply provide us with your name, email address and the name of your organization. It’s that easy!
Interested in seeing past tips? Please check out the archive and browse prior tips by topic or date."
Hat-tip to the West Librarian Relations Update. Image belongs to Thomson Reuters.