18. January 2012 17:03
From the American Library Association (ALA)...
"Three copyright-related bills are currently in play at the start of 2012 – all of which take aim at any website beyond U.S. borders that distribute counterfeit or copyright infringing products. All three bills operate under the assumption that there is a problem that needs to be solved – and the best, or only, way to combat online infringement overseas is with more law targeted at foreign websites. These bills have the potential to negatively impact fundamental library principles. The following chart [link] is for quick reference (not meant to be comprehensive), and outlines the primary issues and concerns of interest to the library community and those who use the Internet."
~Corey Williams, American Library Association.
Hat tip to the Law Librarian Blog, and beSpacific
25. January 2011 12:23
Today President Obama will give the annual State of the Union Address. Here's some trivia about the address:
- Article 2, Section 3 of the United States Constitution describes the President's duty to give the State of the Union Address.
- Did you know that one member of the President's cabinet is absent for the address in case of emergency to maintain the line of succession?
- This year the White House's website will be providing an "enhanced viewing experience" to those who choose to watch the address online.
- "Enhanced experience" means you will get to see charts and graphs as President Obama gives his speech.
- Be sure to visit the State of the Union White House website.
- Also on the website, check out the list of upcoming live events following the event. For example, on Thursday President Obama will answer your questions live via YouTube.
- Did you know the current White House Director of Speechwriting is Jon Favreau? Not the same as the actor and director of Elf and Iron Man, Jon Favreau...
Watch this awesome video all about the making of the State of the Union Address:
Will you be watching the State of the Union address? It will be on tonight at 7pm here in Arizona.