3. May 2013 08:00
In a valuable new development, West is making flashcards available electronically to PhoenixLaw students through the Library-funded Study Aid subscription.
Log in to Westlaw with your Library-issued username and password and follow the instrucrtions below:
1. May 2013 11:08
On April 25, 2013, Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) introduced the Phoenix Law Review Victim's Rights Issue Volume 5 during a Congressional hearing on the proposed National Victims' Bill of Rights. You can view the special edition on HeinOnline.
The Phoenix Law Review members worked on this special edition of the journal related to the new proposed national Victim's Rights Amendment. The law review board also traveled to Washington last April to attend the first of many hearings on the bill.
Phoenix School of Law's Adjunct Professor Steve Twist worked with the Law Review group on the special edition and arranged for them to meet the Arizona delegation to Congress.
View the hearing here.
(Still of the April 25, 2013 Hearing)
24. April 2013 08:28
May I recommend a short, amusing and educational publication? It is a great poolside read with actual court opinions. The title is Judges Say the Darndest Things. Check its availability in your Law Library by clicking the title.
The sections Fred Shackelford compiled for the book might just clarify concepts for you.
See one of the selected opinions published in rhyme on Westlaw: Fisher v. Lowe, 333 N.W.2d 67 (Mich. Ct. App. 1983) (You will have to log into your Westlaw account). See also Irvin v. Smith, 654 N.E.2d 189 (Ohio 1993) (You will have to log into your Lexis account).
6. March 2013 11:29
Have you used the online study aids on Westlaw, provided by your Law Library? From the comfort of your own laptop, access ALL of the study aids published by Thomson Reuters/West. Here's how:
- Log-in at lawschool.westlaw.com
- At the top of the screen, click on My e-Products.
- Below the top menu bar, click on West Study Aids Subscription.
- Search for a study aid using the search box provided, or browse by subject to see all study aids available within that subject area.
Some helpful tips:
- Feel free to highlight pages, as the highlights will remain after you log off.
- Copy and pasting is allowed, if you need stuff for your personal notes.
- There is a limit to printing the study aids. Only 150 pages per 30 days.
- Printing is only to your attached printer- it does not print to the Westlaw printers.
Any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Best of luck on your midterms!!