3. May 2013 08:00
In a valuable new development, West is making flashcards available electronically to PhoenixLaw students through the Library-funded Study Aid subscription.
Log in to Westlaw with your Library-issued username and password and follow the instrucrtions below:
6. March 2013 11:29
Have you used the online study aids on Westlaw, provided by your Law Library? From the comfort of your own laptop, access ALL of the study aids published by Thomson Reuters/West. Here's how:
- Log-in at lawschool.westlaw.com
- At the top of the screen, click on My e-Products.
- Below the top menu bar, click on West Study Aids Subscription.
- Search for a study aid using the search box provided, or browse by subject to see all study aids available within that subject area.
Some helpful tips:
- Feel free to highlight pages, as the highlights will remain after you log off.
- Copy and pasting is allowed, if you need stuff for your personal notes.
- There is a limit to printing the study aids. Only 150 pages per 30 days.
- Printing is only to your attached printer- it does not print to the Westlaw printers.
Any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Best of luck on your midterms!!
15. January 2013 10:54
Law school is all about studying. Reading and studying.
This article from Time magazine caught my eye, as it discusses the best learning techniques for retaining information. Surprisingly, reading and highlighting are mentioned as not being as effective as using flashcards! The article goes on to explain how taking practice tests and using flashcards are great because, "[r]esearch shows that the mere act of calling information to mind strengthens that knowledge and aids in future retrieval."
Image from Morguefile.com
7. January 2013 12:45
The Law Library would like to highlight a fantastic program for the incoming Spring 2013 1Ls...
Spring Boot Camp! See the brochure below and visit www.phoenixlaw.edu/lawbootcamp, for more information!
27. August 2012 17:34
Would you like to gain a better understanding of a legal topic you are studying this Fall? Are you interested in finding out more about the Law Library's Academic Success collection and Westlaw's online study aids? How about learning to use some new legal apps that can help with your studies?
Come learn some tips for success from your very own Law Library staff this Tuesday, August 28th. The workshop will be offered at the following times in the Library's Teaching Lab, located on the 13th floor in classroom 1337.
We hope you will join us! Take a look at our library workshops page to view a list of descriptions and a link to the calendar.
Image from the Westlaw Store.