30. September 2011 14:53
The Law Library at 4041 will open from 9-5 on Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2!
A huge thanks goes to Aja Howse and Sarah Hicks for making this possible!
23. September 2011 16:44
Are you interested in popular, media-worthy, case information from the Federal Courts of Appeals? Check out this resource from the ABA:
Here's the 9th circuit: http://www2.americanbar.org/SCFJI/Pages/CaseSummaries9thCircuit.aspx
Basically the cases chosen are ones that are more for the public interest- they are expected to be talked about in the news. They are summarized by law professors and law students. It doesn't yet cover all circuits but the majority are there.
22. September 2011 13:37
The Bluebook workshops next week start at 7:45pm. Sorry.
22. September 2011 12:55
Reminder: We are re-running our Bluebook workshop on Monday, Sep. 26, and Wednesday, Sep. 28, at 7:15pm in Room 1821. Be there or be lost.
19. September 2011 12:46
PSL Faculty, Staff, and Students:
Want to see the latest scholarship in your interest areas? Subscribe to SSRN subject-matter eJournals. Many legal scholars post their working papers, drafts, and works accepted for publication on SSRN. EJournals have links to the latest. Issues of eJournals are emailed to you periodically. To set up your subscriptions, from your SSRN User Home:
- in the upper left corner of the page, click on the "Subscriptions" link;
- in the left column of the table, go to "Legal Scholarship Network" and click on the "Click here" link ("Click here to subscribe/unsubscribe to journals in this network.");
- in the list of journal categories, expand "LSN Subject Matter eJournals" by clicking on the arrowhead;
- work your way down the list; click on the check box of a title to subscribe, click on the arrowhead in front of a subcategory to expand it;
- when you are done, click on the "back" button near the bottom of the page.
(If you haven't already set up your SSRN account, see http://researchguides.phoenixlaw.edu/content.php?pid=238209&sid=1965901.)
For more on current awareness, see "Drinking from a Firehose".