29. August 2011 12:10
The Law Library will be closed on
September 5th, 2011
in observance of Labor Day
Enjoy the day off!!
24. August 2011 11:13
Looking for free access to information about Arizona, both past and present? The Arizona Memory Project (AMP) is a great place to start. AMP, sponsored by the Arizona State Library, Archives, and Public Records, has partnered with the Arizona State Law and Research Library, along with other state/local government agencies in Arizona to provide a database of primary resources and government documents.
For a Collection Directory or to simply Browse the collection, click on the links on the green toolbar at the top of the page.
Here are a few AMP collections which may be of interest:
AZ Appellate Court Briefs from Ross-Blakely Law Library
AZ Attorney General Opinions
Arizona Executive Orders
Arizona State Agency Publications
Arizona State Archives – State, Local, and County Government Records
Arizona-Related Federal Publications
Cochise County Clerk of Superior Court - Bisbee Deportation Documents
Cochise County Territorial Court Documents
Cochise County Territorial Tax Roll Index
Legal and Court-Related History of Cochise County
12. August 2011 11:38
For those of you doing research using the library’s databases, most of them are currently accessible from on-campus only. These are the databases found at http://www.phoenixlaw.edu/librarydatabases. There is a glitch in the system for allowing off-campus access.
This does NOT affect: Westlaw/WestlawNext/TWEN, LexisNexis, CALI, AudioCaseFiles, ExpressO, and SSRN. For these you sign-in separately with a personal username and password, so you can access them from anywhere using your browser.
At this time I am not sure when the databases will be available off-campus again, but hopefully within the next week or so. We are working with vendors to get this back to normal.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to email me.
Thanks for your patience!
11. August 2011 14:41
Faculty and students at PSL can get FREE (well, no additional charge) access to materials from the Practical Law Company. Most of these materials are business law oriented and from the perspective of the business attorney, although some have applications in other areas of law and other contexts. The kinds of materials available include:
- Practice notes (including "Overviews" and "Toolkits")
- Standard documents and clauses
Practice notes, standard documents and clauses, and checklists are continuously updated. Some examples:
- Tribal Finance: Overview (Practice Note)
- Confidentiality Agreement: General (Mutual) (Standard Document)
- Fiduciary Duties of the Board of Directors (Practice Note)
- Bankruptcy: Overview of the Chapter 11 Process (Practice Note: Overview)
- Sexual Harassment Toolkit (Practice Note: Overview)
- US Copyright Duration Flowchart (Checklist)
- Drafting arbitration agreements: checklist (Checklist)
- Removal: How to Remove a Case to Federal Court (Practice Note)
- Office Leasing: Tenant Estoppel Certificate (Standard Document)
- Debt v. Equity Tax Classification Checklist (Checklist)